You never know when an unexpected repair may be needed. But with our optional Protection service plans, you’ll have the extra peace of mind that you’re covered.
Plans cover all parts of a vehicle except the named exclusions.
Flexible options let you choose the deductible and mileage that's right for you.
Purchase your protection service plan upfront or include the cost in your monthly car payment.
Upfront and Fair
We have plans starting from zero deductible and it’s per visit, not per repair. Our protection plan can pay the participating service center directly.
What our Protection Plans covers:
Our plans provide comprehensive mechanical protection. A category list of parts and systems covered in a plan is included below. Except for the named exclusions, you can rest assured your car is covered.
- Electrical Systems
- Cooling System
- Climate Control
And that's not all:
- Nationwide Protection: You're covered no matter where you are in the United States or Canada.
- Rental Reimbursement: When your vehicle is inoperable or unsafe to drive and kept overnight for covered repairs, we'll reimburse your rental expenses from a licensed rental agency up to $40 per day for 7 days.
- Emergency Roadside Assistance: Benefit from emergency roadside assistance available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and all services are covered up to $100 per occurrence.
- Direct Payment: MaxCare can pay the participating service center directly.
- Available on all Motor Max cars: Our protection plan benefits all customers, whether your car is still under factory warranty or not.
If you sell your car, the coverage is transferable (Some restrictions apply. Please see extended service plan's written policy.)
The following are examples of what's not covered under your MaxCare Service Contract:
- Maintenance Services and Parts such as batteries, trim, wiper blades, and wheels.
- Aftermarket accessories or equipment installed after Vehicle Purchase Date.
- Breakdown caused by abuse or misuse.
Limitations and exclusions apply, please review your MaxCare Service Contract for details and a complete list of exclusions.
MaxCare is administered by independent third-party administrators. CarMax is not a party to the MaxCare contract. Please see store for details.